In my view –
1. 90% dynasts lost to new-comers, common citizens, this happened across the country.
2. Women voted differently from the men at home and, this includes the Muslim community.
3. Defence of the Nation and containment of terrorism has moved centre-stage.
4. BJP is trusted to be as patriotic as any other political party, even better.
5. The corrupt are beginning to lose.
6. Influence of freebies and hollow promises have less takers.
7. Hindus are beginning to be assertive, even the liberal-minded are ready to accommodate BJP.
8. Notwithstanding the Sadhwi Pragna calling Godse a ‘patriot’, she defeated a top-leader like Diggy Singh in his home-turf. The present generation treat Gandhiji as just another historical hero, who died in the cause of the country, do not wish to be judgmental on the killing itself.
9. Voters look for core competence, not looks or lectures. Modi had shown what he could do, he had no peer on the other side except buffoons like Rahul, Akhilesh, Mayavati, Mamata, Naidu etc.
10. Communism is an archaic concept, no currency value now.
11. Indian elections need to be re-graded, no more to be taken for granted, it is coming of age.